MOBO UNSUNG 2016
Entry and participation in any competition on MOBO.com shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
- Competition closes on date and time specified in competition guidelines.
- Open to UK residents aged 14 years and over only.
- There is one main prize for each competition winner which will be delivered via mail. For gig competitions, we will specify in the competition guidelines whether tickets must be picked up from the venue or otherwise.
- Prizes are as stated and no alternatives will be offered.
- The winner for any competition we post on MOBO.com will need to respond to the first point of reference within three days. If this person fails to do so, another competition winner will be chosen at random.
- Please provide us with a valid email address so that we can inform you in case you’ve won
- Entries and accounts made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void
- We reserve the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Use of a false name or other details will result in disqualification.
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and members’ details and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Competitions on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram - to enter followers must RT/Share/Like (where necessary) and include the relevant hashtag. Winners will be direct messaged.
1. The MOBO Awards 2016 vote opens at ........ and closes at noon (BST) ........... (Votes cast outside these times will not be counted).
2. You will be able to cast your vote on 13* of the MOBO Awards categories online at MOBO.COM by following the instructions.
3. Only one vote is permitted per participant per category. In the event a participant submits more than one vote per category, all votes submitted by that participant will be deleted at the discretion of the MOBO organisation.
4. The winners in all MOBO Awards categories will be determined based on a weighted voting system as follows:
· 50% will be decided by public voting in each category. All public votes are translated into percentages for each nominee per category.
· 50 % will be decided by the MOBO Panel which consists of industry experts in various music related areas. The MOBO Panel will rank the MOBO Awards nominees in order of their preference (e.g. No.1 gets 5 points, No. 2 gets 4, etc.). The totals of these rankings are translated into a percentage for each nominee per category.
· The two percentages are then added up with the highest score being the eventual winner. In the very unlikely event of an exact tie between two MOBO Awards nominees in a category, they shall both be the winners in that category.
5. MOBO Best Grime Act (In association with BBC Radio 1Xtra) is exclusively voted for by listeners of BBC Radio 1Xtra (and closes on .................. ).
6. Winners will be announced as part of the MOBO Awards, to be broadcast live on ITV 2 on .............. (and repeated on ITV also on ...............).
7. Best African Act and Best International shortlists of ten (10) will be narrowed down to five (5) finalists on 15th October. All public votes received up until that date will still be counted in the total.
8. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
9. Any accounts thought to be fake or being created automatically will be deleted at the discretion of the MOBO Organisation.
10. The MOBO Organisation may amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Vote for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time.
11. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts.
12. The MOBO Organisation’s decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote is final.
13. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
14. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions before voting.
15. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the Vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
16. Any personal data collected will be used solely to run and administer the Vote in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
17. The MOBO Organisation, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
18. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.
19. These Terms & Conditions were last updated on .................
20. *Votes for 'MOBO Best Grime Act' will be exclusively cast on www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra from 10 October 2015.
For 2016 Nominations & Voting see mobo.com/awards/2016