Entry and participation in any competition on MOBO.com shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
- In order to participate, please register first
- Competition closes on date and time specified in competition guidelines.
- Open to UK residents aged 14 years and over only.
- There is one main prize for each competition winner which will be delivered via mail. For gig competitions, we will specify in the competition guidelines whether tickets must be picked up from the venue or otherwise.
- Prizes are as stated and no alternatives will be offered.
- The winner for any competition we post on MOBO.com will need to respond to the first point of reference within three days. If this person fails to do so, another competition winner will be chosen at random.
- Please provide us with a valid email address so that we can inform you in case you’ve won
- Entries and accounts made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void
- We reserve the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Use of a false name or other details will result in disqualification.
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and members’ details and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity.
AWARDS & UNSUNG VOTING
1. The winners in all MOBO Award categories are decided based on a weighted voting system - 50% decided by public voting, and the remaining 50% by the MOBO Music Panel.
2. The MOBO Music & UnSung Panel consists of industry experts in various music related areas.
3. Public votes for the nominees are translated into percentages per category.
4. The MOBO Music panel members rank the nominees in the order of their preference (e.g. No. 1 gets 5 points, No. 2 gets 4, etc.) – these totals are also translated into a percentage per nominee per category. The two percentages are added up with the highest score being the winner, etc.
5. Only one vote is permitted per person per category.
5.1. Only one vote is permitted per person for MOBO UNSung.
6. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
7. Any accounts thought to be fake or being created automatically will be deleted at the discretion of the MOBO Organisation.
8. The MOBO Organisation may amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Vote for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time.
9. We reserve the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts
10. The MOBO Organisation’s decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote is final.
11. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
12. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions each time you wish to vote.
13. Any personal data collected will be used solely in connection with current UK data protection legislation.
14. The MOBO Organisation, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
15. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.
16. The MOBO Organisation’s Voting Terms & Conditions were last updated on 25th July 2014.
17. Best African Act shortlists of 10 will be narrowed down to five finalists on October 1st , 2013. All votes all counted up until that date will still be counted in the total.