Entry and participation in any competition on MOBO.com shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
- In order to participate, please register first
- Competition closes on date and time specified in competition guidelines.
- Open to UK residents aged 14 years and over only.
- There is one main prize for each competition winner which will be delivered via mail. For gig competitions, we will specify in the competition guidelines whether tickets must be picked up from the venue or otherwise.
- Prizes are as stated and no alternatives will be offered.
- The winner for any competition we post on MOBO.com will need to respond to the first point of reference within three days. If this person fails to do so, another competition winner will be chosen at random.
- Please provide us with a valid email address so that we can inform you in case you’ve won
- Entries and accounts made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void
- We reserve the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Use of a false name or other details will result in disqualification.
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and members’ details and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity.
- MOBO Celebrates Women of the World competition: Limited number of tickets available. The first followers who Follow @MOBOAwards and RT the competition tweet will be guaranteed tickets. Followers who secure tickets will be direct messaged via Twitter.
- MOBO Celebrates Women of the World competition: Two followers who Re-Tweet the @HTC_UK competition tweet (as show here - embed link) will be randomly selected to receive 2x priority tickets to attend the ‘MOBO Celebrates Women of the World’ event on Friday 6th March at 8pm. Two winners will secure a pair of tickets will be direct messaged via Twitter.
1. The MOBO Awards 2014 vote opens at 12.00 (noon)(BST) on [23rd September] 2014 and closes at noon (BST) on [22nd October] 2014 ("Vote". Vote cast outside these times will not be counted.
2. You will be able to cast your vote on 12* of the 14 MOBO Awards categories online at MOBO.COM by following the instructions.
3. Only one vote is permitted per participant per category. In the event a participant submits more than one vote per category, all votes submitted by that participant will be deleted at the discretion of the MOBO Organisation.
4. The winners in all MOBO Award categories will be determined based on a weighted voting system as follows:
· 50% will be decided by public voting in each category. All public votes are translated into percentages for each nominee per category.
· 50% will be decided by the MOBO Nominations Panel which consists of industry experts in various music related areas.The MOBO Nominations Panel will rank the MOBO Awards nominees in the order of their preference (e.g. No. 1 gets 5 points, No. 2 gets 4, etc.) The totals of these rankings are translated into a percentage for each nominee per category.
The two percentages are then added up with the highest score being the winner. In the event of a tie between two MOBO Awards nominees in a category, they shall both be the winner in that category
5. MOBO Best Grime Act is exclusively voted for by listeners of BBC Radio 1Xtra (and closes on 18th Oct)
6. MOBO Best Album will be voted for live on the night of the show.
7. The winners in each of the 14 categories will be announced as part of the MOBO Awards, to be broadcast on ITV2 on 22 October 2014.
8. Best African Act and Best International shortlists of ten (10) will be narrowed down to five (5) finalists on 8th October 2014. All public votes received up until that date will still be counted in the total.
9. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
10. Any accounts thought to be fake or being created automatically will be deleted at the discretion of the MOBO Organisation.
11. The MOBO Organisation may amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Vote for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time.
12. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts.
13. The MOBO Organisation’s decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote is final.
14. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
15. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions before voting.
16. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the Vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
17. Any personal data collected will be used solely to run and administer the Vote in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
18. The MOBO Organisation, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
19. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.
20. These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 22nd September 2014.
*Votes for 'MOBO Best Grime Act' will be cast on www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra. As per the 27th of September at 22.30 (BST)
*MOBO reserves this category to explore dynamic voting options.
MOBO AWARDS 2014 – BEST ALBUM AWARD: VOTING INTERACTION INFORMATION
Voting method and cost:
Viewers of the ‘MOBO Awards 2014’ programme (the “Programme”) who are registered users of Twitter may vote for which act (from a shortlist of 5 acts as shown on the Programme) they wish to win the ‘Best Album Award’ (the “Award”) by the following method:
Twitter: In order to submit your vote via Twitter, log into your Twitter account and “Tweet” the designated hashtag (as announced in the Programme) that corresponds to your chosen act. You are allowed one (1) vote per Twitter account. If multiple hashtags are included in one Tweet, a space must be included between each hashtag; if no space is included, the Tweeted hashtags that are not correctly spaced will not be counted as votes. Votes will not be accepted where hashtags are misspelt, abbreviated, lengthened or differ in any way from the designated hashtags announced in the Programme. Retweets will be disregarded. If your Tweet is deleted before the voting window ends, your Tweet will not be counted. Only public Tweets will be counted. There is no charge for submitting your vote via Twitter although internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet. Please ask permission of the internet account holder.
Your vote will not be counted if you attempt to vote using a method that is not specified in these terms and conditions.
Voting will open and close as announced in the Programme (voting is currently expected to open at 20:12 on Wednesday 22 October 2014 and to close at 21:30 on Wednesday 22 October 2014). Votes received outside the specified opening and closing times for the vote will not be counted.
The Promoter does not have a say in the outcome of the vote. Subject to the Contingencies outlined below, the act who receives the most votes during the voting period will win the Award. It is intended that the result will be announced in the Programme on Wednesday 22 October 2014.
In the event of a tie in the vote for first place, the tied acts will be declared joint winners.
If it is not practical to announce the result of the vote in the Programme due to technical failure or other reason then the Promoter will publish the results on www.mobo.com.
If the outcome of the vote cannot be reasonably determined because of a technical failure or other circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, their agents or sub-contractors, then the Promoter may (in its sole discretion) run a second vote.
If it is not possible to run a second vote, or the outcome of the second vote cannot be reasonably determined by 10.00 a.m. on 24 October 2014, then the winner will be chosen by the MOBO Voting Panel (“MOBO Voting Panel 2014”). The decision of the MOBO Voting Panel 2014 will be final.
If you are found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to vote, your votes may be discounted. Viewers must abide by the rules of Twitter when participating in the vote.
The Promoter reserves the right to discount votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting or voting which is designed to unfairly influence the outcome of the vote has occurred (including certain bulk voting). The Promoter reserves the right to discount votes which are not submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Where circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter make it unavoidable, the opening and closing times may be changed and the Promoter may suspend, withdraw or re-set voting at its sole discretion at any time. The Promoter may also without notice in its sole discretion at any time change the rules for participating in the vote and/or the availability of the voting service. Any updates will be announced on the Programme or posted on www.mobo.com.
The Promoter, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
The Promoter cannot promise that the Twitter monitoring process will be free from errors or omissions nor that it will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. The systems and/or services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. The Promoter will not be liable to any person in the event that all or any part of the systems and/or services are discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
Votes must not be sent in through agents or on behalf of another person, and viewers cannot submit votes as an agent of any other person. The Promoter reserves the right to discount votes if they have reasonable grounds to suspect they have been made from unofficial third party voting services or otherwise in breach of any applicable terms and conditions.
If for any reason there is a discrepancy between the hashtags advertised on air and those given on any other platforms then the hashtags on air will prevail and the vote shall proceed on that basis.
Please note it is not possible to vote via any method not stated in these terms and conditions.
You must comply with Twitter terms and conditions available at https://twitter.com/tos.
These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. By voting you are accepting and consenting to these Terms & Conditions.
If you have any problems with voting or any query or complaint, you may email us at email@example.com giving the following information:
1. Your email address
2. The IP number of your computer and your internet service provider, where relevant;
3. The date(s) and time(s) when you experienced problems;
4. The nature of the problem you have been experiencing; and
5. A contact telephone number you can be reached on if necessary.
Promoter: ITV Consumer Limited, The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT (Company No: 02937518) and MOBO Organisation Limited, 52 Oak Street, Manchester M4 5JA (Company No: 05144917)
ITV's General Competition, Prize Draw, Vote and Poll Terms and Conditions also apply - to view these, please click here.