MOBO UNSUNG 2016
• Entrants to MOBO UnSung must be based in the United Kingdom.
• Entrants must write/compose their own music and maintain full ownership of their music.
• Entrants must not be signed to a major or independent record label.
• Entrants must not be signed to a music publishing company
• Finalists who are approached to take part in the MOBO UnSung Tour must be 18+ (no age limit applies to entering MOBO UnSung competition)
• Deadline for entries is Monday 8th August.
• Prize elements will be provided to finalists once a winner has been publicly announced.
• Finalists are expected to attend the final judging panel in London and organise and pay for their own travel.
• MOBO Organisation reserves the right to adjust any terms and conditions at any time.
Entry and participation in any competition on MOBO.com shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
· Competition closes on date and time specified in competition guidelines.
· Open to UK residents aged 14 years and over only.
· There is one main prize for each competition winner which will be delivered via mail. For gig competitions, we will specify in the competition guidelines whether tickets must be picked up from the venue or otherwise.
· Prizes are as stated and no alternatives will be offered.
· The winner for any competition we post on MOBO.com will need to respond to the first point of reference within three days. If this person fails to do so, another competition winner will be chosen at random.
· Please provide us with a valid email address so that we can inform you in case you’ve won
- Unless specified, travel and accommodation is not included in the prize
· Entries and accounts made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void
· We reserve the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts
· All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
· Use of a false name or other details will result in disqualification.
· We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
· The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name and members’ details and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity.
· Competitions on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram - to enter followers must RT/Share/Like (where necessary) and include the relevant hashtag. Winners will be direct messaged.
· Entrants to MOBO Moments must be based in the United Kingdom.
· To be considered, entries must include the hashtag #MOBOmoment
· Finalists who are approached to attend the 2016 MOBO Awards must be 18+ or accompanied by a responsible adult (no age limit applies to entering MOBO Moment competition)
· Deadline for entries is Monday 31st October.
· Prize elements will be provided to finalists once a winner has been publicly announced.
· Finalists are expected to make their own travel and accommodation provisions
· MOBO Organisation reserves the right to adjust any terms and conditions at any time.
· The winner will be selected by members of the MOBO Organisation
Promotion: MOBO Movement
Prize: To become one of the Social Ambassadors for MOBO
Closing Date: 2nd March 2017
(Please note this an opportunity without obligation and unpaid)
Who may enter
1.Join the MOBO Movement is open to anyone with a valid British passport. If you are under 18 years old you must have the permission of your parent or guardian, who must have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions on your behalf.
2. Entrants must:
a) be the personal, registered account holder of the YouTube account used to upload any video entry;
b) have no convictions for which the entrant has a current criminal record and no prosecution and/or police enquiry pending for any conviction, provided that this requirement shall only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law;
c) upon the Promoter’s request, present acceptable proof of name, age, and address;
d) confirm their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to request acceptable evidence of the above, and may disqualify any entrant who fails to provide such evidence upon request.
3. Employees (or family members of employees) of MOBO may not enter this Promotion.
How to enter
4. To take part in this Promotion, create a video in accordance with the brief and upload it to You Tube before 23.59 (British Summer Time) on 1 March 2017. By uploading your video your YouTube username will be automatically associated with your video and submitted to the Promoter. You are responsible for ensuring that both your YouTube account and the email address linked to your YouTube account are active.
5. One entry per person.
6. Multiple or duplicate entries] will be invalid.
7. All entries must be received by 23.59 British Summer Time on 1 March 2017
8.Videos uploaded after this time will not be valid. The Promoter will determine the time of upload.
9. As an entrant, you warrant that:
a) your entry does not infringe any third party rights;
b) you have the right to grant the Promoter permission to use your entry for any purpose, including (without limitation) all relevant rights and written permissions (including from individuals featured in your entry);
c) your entry does not feature any individual except for yourself and other individuals who have consented to being featured in your entry (in the case of individuals under the age of 18 years,
consent from their parent/guardian is also required);
d) your entry is your own original work and does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights (excluding those intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to the Promoter) and you are the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in your entry;
f) your entry does not contain any discriminatory, obscene or defamatory material, does not include (whether by image, gesture, statement or other material of any kind) any violence, cruelty to animals, weapons, religious iconography or anything which may reasonably be considered to be offensive, anti-social, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable, and is not otherwise illegal under English law, or the law in the country in which you are normally resident.
10. You agree that the Promoter may commercially exploit your entry as it sees fit, including without limitation through third party advertising which may appear in connection with your entry, without any payment to you.
11. You agree that the Promoter may, at its sole discretion elect not to publish, use or exploit your entry or any part of it in any way and, if it does elect to publish, use or exploit your entry or any part of it in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, stop publishing, using or exploiting your entry at any time.
12. You agree that the Promoter may edit or adapt your entry in any way and you waive any moral rights.
Winner selection and notification
13. The Promoter will select a short list of finalists. The finalists will be those who, in the opinion and sole discretion of the MOBO judges, have demonstrated the greatest ability to become an ambassador for the MOBO brand. The judge’s decision shall be final and binding.
14. The winners] will be the registered account holders of the YouTube account used to upload the winning entries and the winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the Closing Date. 14b. If the Promoter decides that none of the entries are of sufficient quality to be shortlisted then it shall be entitled to cancel the competition.
15. The Prize for the competition will be the role of brand ambassador for MOBO.
16. If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept the Prize, or does not respond to the email notification within 5 working days of the competition winner being announced the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant. The Promoter shall be automatically released from its obligations to the original winners.
17. In order to claim the Prize the winners must enter into a standard presenter’s contract in which all intellectual property rights will be assigned to the Promoter for no remuneration.
18.Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the Promoter’s (or any third party’s) liability for
(i) death or personal injury arising from the Promoter (or third party’s) negligence,
(ii) fraud, or
(iii) any liability that is non-excludable as a matter of law.
19. Except as set out in clause 18 above, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b) any changes to the Prize; and
c) any act or default of any third party.
20. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software or other technical failures of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry. Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
21. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
23. Please note that this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. By entering, you acknowledge that Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest bear no responsibility for this Promotion and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you release Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest from any liability whatsoever in connection with this
24. The Promoter reserves the right to pass on any entry which causes it concern (including any associated personal details) to the relevant authorities, at its sole discretion and/or where such disclosure is required by law.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
26. The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion, and publicizing the winner.
27. Please note that your data may be processed on a server outside of your country of residence, including on servers in the United States and United Kingdom. You may request to view, edit or remove your data at any time by contacting the Promoter using firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your YouTube username and/or country of residence is removed, you will no longer be eligible to win the Prize.
28. You irrevocably agree that the Promoter and its sponsors and brand partners shall be entitled to use your name and likeness for all advertising, marketing, publicity and public relations purposes without additional remuneration. You also irrevocably agree to co-operate with, and take part in, reasonable publicity for and on behalf of the Promoter and its sponsors and brand partners upon request, which shall include (without limitation) press and promotional activities, without additional remuneration.
29. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection it with (including the Prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that
the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion (including the Prize).
1. The MOBO Awards 2016 vote opens at ........ and closes at noon (BST) ........... (Votes cast outside these times will not be counted).
2. You will be able to cast your vote on 13* of the MOBO Awards categories online at MOBO.COM by following the instructions.
3. Only one vote is permitted per participant per category. In the event a participant submits more than one vote per category, all votes submitted by that participant will be deleted at the discretion of the MOBO organisation.
4. The winners in all MOBO Awards categories will be determined based on a weighted voting system as follows:
· 50% will be decided by public voting in each category. All public votes are translated into percentages for each nominee per category.
· 50 % will be decided by the MOBO Panel which consists of industry experts in various music related areas. The MOBO Panel will rank the MOBO Awards nominees in order of their preference (e.g. No.1 gets 5 points, No. 2 gets 4, etc.). The totals of these rankings are translated into a percentage for each nominee per category.
· The two percentages are then added up with the highest score being the eventual winner. In the very unlikely event of an exact tie between two MOBO Awards nominees in a category, they shall both be the winners in that category.
5. MOBO Best Grime Act (In association with BBC Radio 1Xtra) is exclusively voted for by listeners of BBC Radio 1Xtra (and closes on .................. ).
6. Winners will be announced as part of the MOBO Awards, to be broadcast live on ITV 2 on .............. (and repeated on ITV also on ...............).
7. Best African Act and Best International shortlists of ten (10) will be narrowed down to five (5) finalists on 15th October. All public votes received up until that date will still be counted in the total.
8. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
9. Any accounts thought to be fake or being created automatically will be deleted at the discretion of the MOBO Organisation.
10. The MOBO Organisation may amend, suspend, withdraw, cancel or re-set the Vote for any reason at its sole discretion and at any time.
11. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to accept only one submission per IP address in case of fake or multiple accounts.
12. The MOBO Organisation’s decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote is final.
13. The MOBO Organisation reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
14. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions before voting.
15. If, for any reason, the online voting system fails, the Vote may be suspended or a contingency plan may be actioned.
16. Any personal data collected will be used solely to run and administer the Vote in accordance with current UK data protection legislation.
17. The MOBO Organisation, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
18. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.
19. These Terms & Conditions were last updated on .................
20. *Votes for 'MOBO Best Grime Act' will be exclusively cast on www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra from 10 October 2015.
For 2016 Nominations & Voting see mobo.com/awards/2016