The MOBO Organisation, established in 1996 by Kanya King CBE to promote and support both established and emerging (inter)national talent across a wide range of music genres and best known for its annual MOBO Awards show, today announces the MOBO UnSung Freshers Tour as part of its growing portfolio of activities that offer additional platforms and opportunities to exceptional talent across the creative industries.
This year’s tour offers the finalists of the ‘Class of 2022’ the opportunity to perform at carefully selected venues in Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, Manchester and Leeds between 16th – 25th September. The MOBO UnSung Tour is presented by Pure Represents and further supported by Marshall Amplification and PRS Foundation.
Each show will featuring 4 of the acts from the MOBO UnSung Class of 2022 including A3O, Adreyn Cash, Crae Wolf, Genesis Elijah, JClarke, Mace The Great, Natalie Lindi, Sarah Ikumu & Zitah.
This tour will also feature exclusive live performances of tracks from the upcoming MOBO UnSung Class Of 2022 compilation album, which is due for release on November 4, 2022 via Marshall records.
Fancy winning tickets to this year's MOBO Awards?
One lucky audience member who buys a ticket and attends any of the 6 MOBO UnSung tour dates, arriving at the venue before 9pm, will be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win 2 arena tickets to this year's 25th MOBO Awards show. Terms & Conditions can be found here.
MOBO UnSung tour tickets are from £6 - £10 and the full tour schedule is listed below:
Full MOBO UnSung Freshers Tour 2022 Schedule
Date: 16 September 2022
Line Up: Mace The Great, JClarke, Crae Wolf & Zitah
Venue: Clwb Ifor Bach
Ticket link: https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/mobo-unsung-clwb-ifor-bach-tickets/12341615?pl=clwb
Date: 20 September 2022
Line Up: Natalie Lindi, Mace The Great, A30 & Genesis Elijah
Venue: The Garage Attic Bar
Ticket link: https://www.ticketweb.uk/event/mobo-unsung-class-of-2022-the-garage-attic-bar-tickets/12341695?pl=gigsinscotland
Date: 21 September 2022
Line Up: Zitah, Adreyn, JClarke, Natalie Lindi
Venue: Headrow House
Ticket Link: https://link.dice.fm/J608a6ee9fa5
Date: 22 September 2022
Line Up: Crae Wolf, Sarah Ikumu, JClarke, Genesis Elijah
Venue: Deaf Institute
Ticket Link: https://gigst.rs/MOBOUnSung
Date: 23 September 2022
Line Up: Genesis Elijah, Sarah Ikumu, Adreyn, A30
Ticket Link: https://bristolbeacon.org/whats-on/mobo-unsung/
Date: 25 September 2022
Line Up: Sarah Ikumu, Natalie Lindi, Zitah, Adreyn
Venue: Komedia Studio
Ticket Link: https://www.seetickets.com/event/mobo-unsung/komedia-studio/2386318
Get ready! The next installment of the MOBO UnSung competition will launch later this year. To find out more information and how you can apply, please visit mobo.com/unsung.
For more information, please contact:
Notes to editors:
MOBO UnSung, headed up by Wizdom Layne, is one of the country's strongest talent competitions for unsigned artists producing original work. MOBO UnSung identifies and exposes new ground-breaking music artists and aims to provide emerging talent with priceless opportunities which can significantly contribute to their personal and creative development. The MOBO UnSung alumni features some of today's hottest talent including Tiana Major9, Juls, Tion Wayne, Mic Lowry, and Graft, who all got early support in their careers via the MOBO UnSung programme. This year's UnSung ‘Class Of 2022’ have already achieved major milestones, which includes live performance opportunities at Strawberries & Creem festival, Boomtown, Glastonbury Festival, and the UnSung Tour, as well as producing music videos and gearing up to release a compilation album via Marshall Records in November 2022.
About MOBO Organisation
The MOBO Awards were established in 1996 by Kanya King CBE to motivate, elevate and celebrate the outstanding achievements of artists in under-served musical genres, from gospel, jazz, soul, RnB and reggae to hip hop (and later grime and afrobeats). Now in its 25th year, MOBO is a pioneer in its field, a movement and has developed into much more than just an awards ceremony, it is now an iconic, year-round, agenda-setting global brand that successfully champions diversity and inclusion in music and broader cultural arenas. It strives to support emerging and independent talent (through MOBO UnSung and the MOBO Help Musicians Fund) and has provided an early platform for some of the nation’s most-loved artists, from Amy Winehouse and Emeli Sandé to Sam Smith, Stormzy, Skepta, etc. MOBO pursues its purpose to create more opportunities and access for diverse talent across the creative industries in film, TV, fashion, art and media. A drive to deliver social and cultural change is embedded in the organisation’s DNA. With an ongoing successful talent development programme, a number of Executive Fellowships in the creative workplace and a host of annual training and educational opportunities for young people, MOBO influences the lives of countless people every year. In 2016, the charitable foundation MOBO Trust was established to support young people realise their potential in a wide range of disciplines within the creative sector.
MOBO´s latest venture is a revolutionary new platform. MOBOLISE is a digital platform to connect black talent, with the best career opportunities, within the most forward-thinking organisations. Powered by Accenture, the MOBOLISE platform is backed by UK talent that already includes Emeli Sandé, Afua Hirsch, Mo Gilligan and George The Poet. It will offer the chance for people of all ages to network with leaders and employees from different industries to gain mentorship, boost confidence, find vacancies, showcase skills and attend networking and mentoring events that level the playing field of opportunities. MOBOLISE will also then offer businesses the chance to reach underrepresented and undiscovered talent and educate their boards to prevent unconscious bias.
Marshall Amplification has a vibrant and dynamic history within the music industry and is celebrated by some of the greatest artists in the world. Catapulted from humble beginnings in Hanwell, London, Marshall is now a global brand achieving manufacturing excellence. Creativity and innovation are at the heart of the business and every product they create. With over 55 years of music experience, Marshall continues to push the boundaries of possibility for the musicians of the future.
PRS Foundation is the UK's leading charitable funder and since its creation in 2000, PRS Foundation has given more than £41 million in impactful and timely grants to over 8,100 new music initiatives. PRS Foundation supports outstanding talent from all backgrounds, covering the whole of the UK and all genres. Widely respected as an inclusive, collaborative and proactive funding body, PRS Foundation supports an exceptional range of new music activity through direct grants to music creators and through support for pioneering organisations, including venues, festivals, promoters and other talent development organisations.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver’s license, proof of residence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. If a prize winner cannot provide us with the proofs mentioned above which are reasonably acceptable to the Promoter, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner in the same manner as the first
3. Entrances must purchase a ticket for any of the 6 UnSung Tour events through an official vendor and attend the event before 9pm. There details will be taken at the door and entered into a random draw from to from across the 6 events.
4. Entry into the competition is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The competition commences at [14:30] on [16/09/2022], and concludes at [16:00] on [26/09/2022].
6. Prizes: 1 winner will win a pair of arena tickets (2 arena tickets) to attend the 2022 MOBO Awards
7. Concert tickets are valid on one night only, as advertised.
8. All prizes are non-exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
9. The prizes do not include travel or accommodation costs or any food and drink.
10. Winner Notification: Winners will be contacted with the contact details taken at the event within the 3 days of the announcement of the 2022 MOBO Awards
11. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the time specified, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and the prize will be allocated to an alternative entrant selected in the same
12. In the unlikely event that the MOBO Awards 2022 do not take place, tickets will be held over to the next relevant event.
13. MOBO reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions if the conditions are beyond their control.